GOLIATH RACIAL TRAIT
- +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
- Speed (Slow): Goliath have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of a goliath lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever a goliath is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the goliath is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A goliath is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A goliath can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Mountain Movement: Because goliaths practically live on the ledges and cliffs of the most forbidding mountains, they are particularly adept at negotiating mountain hazards. Goliaths can make standing long and high jumps as if they were running long and high jumps. A goliath can engage in accelerated climbing (climbing half his speed as a move action) without taking the -5 penalty on the Climb check.
- Acclimated: Goliaths are automatically acclimated to life at high altitudes. They don’t take the penalties for altitude. Unlike other denizens of the mountains, goliaths don’t lose their acclimation to high altitude even if they spend months or years at lower elevations.
- +2 bonus on Sense Motive checks: When speaking to one another, goliaths tend to augment their verbal communication with subtle body language. They are likewise able to “read” the unintentional body language of others.
- Favored Class: Barbarian
Back to Character Creation